DHA and Dubai Holding inaugurate state-of-the-art blood donation bus
DHA and Dubai Holding inaugurate state-of-the-art blood donation busNovember 16, 2020
- The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) supported by its strategic partner, Dubai Holding, inaugurated today a new state-of-the-art blood donation bus.
- The blood donation bus is equipped with smart technologies and requirements that comply with international standards and protocols to ensure the comfort and safety of blood donors.
- The bus, which is manufactured in the United Arab Emirates with the best standards of quality, durability and safety, is also environmentally friendly.
- It contains four electric blood donation beds, multiple smart screens and smart panels to fill in blood donors' data, in addition to a resting area for blood donors before and after donating blood.
- The bus also contains a laboratory room and a room for medical examination in addition to refrigerators to store blood and medical materials and advanced medical devices that are in line with the highest international quality and safety standards.
- Starting today, the new blood donation bus will travel across Dubai, to reach blood donors at locations that are convenient to them while ensuring that distancing measures are implemented to combat COVID-19.
The blood donation bus was inaugurated in the presence of H.E Humaid Al Qutami, Director General of the DHA, Khalid Al Malik, Managing Director of Dubai Holding, Dr Younis Kazim, CEO of the Dubai Healthcare Corporation at the DHA, Dr Farida Al Khaja, CEO of Clinical Support Services and Nursing Sector at the DHA and Huda Buhumaid, Chief Marketing Officer of Dubai Holding—along with other officials from both sides.
Commenting on the inauguration of the new bus, Al Qutami said that the DHA is keen to provide the best blood donation systems in terms of equipment and technologies to ensure high standards of blood safety, the safety of donors and their comfort.
Al Qutami expressed his gratitude for Dubai Holding for providing this state-of-the-art bus. He stressed that Dubai Holding is one of the DHA’s strategic partners and that the DHA is proud of their prominent societal and developmental role, especially with regard to the health sector, which aims to serve people and ensure their happiness.
He said that the continuous development witnessed by the Dubai Blood Donation Centre is what has enabled the centre to obtain a range of international accreditations from various international organizations, bodies and prestigious associations. He stressed the importance of this continuous development as it aims to provide safe blood units in the required quantity and at the appropriate time to those who need it the most.
Khalid Al Malik, Managing Director of Dubai Holding said: “We are proud to be contributing to such an important mission that supports public health and social impact. The state-of-the-art blood donation bus, donated by Dubai Holding, will enhance community outreach efforts and provide added convenience to blood donors. This will help to increase blood donations from across the city, enabling medical professionals to save more lives. With the arrival of the bus, weekly visits are set to kick off; they will reach people in different parts of Dubai, including all of Dubai Holding’s communities and destinations. Our partnership with Dubai Health Authority has been very successful and we look forward to supporting a positive outcome for the Dubai Blood Donation Centre.”
Blood Donation Tent
H.E Al Qutami, along with officials from Dubai Holding and the DHA visited the blood donation tent, which is a fixed blood donation site that has been set up next to the Dubai Blood Donation Centre.
The tent, which can accommodate around 200 blood donors per day, provides the best medical and smart services that ensure the delivery of quality services from trained medical staff according to the highest standards of quality and safety.
During his inspection of the tent, Al Qutami saluted the donors, who are from various nationalities, stressing that they embody the noble values that characterize the Emirati society, including the values of giving to help those in need.