Dubai Holding announces launch of new ‘Family Entertainment & New Media’ vertical to manage AED 10 billion projects within five yearsMarch 26, 2016
- Board and Leadership appointments at TECOM Group
- Dr Amina Al Rustamani appointed Chairperson of TECOM Group to strategically lead a new phase of development in ten business communities dedicated to information technology, design, media, education, industrial sector, transport and logistics, trade, and life sciences within Dubai Holding
- Ayesha Sultan appointed Group Chief Executive Officer, TECOM Group
- The ‘Family Entertainment and New Media’ is a new vertical led by Mohamed Almulla which includes Global Village, Arab Media Group, and a range of new family destinations
- The New Vertical to build international production business communities specialised in new media which will position Dubai as an international hub for digital production in all languages to all cultures
- H.E Al Gergawi: Dubai Holding to maintain high profit levels during the next five years and add new sectors to adapt to sustain growth in changing global economy
- H.E Al Gergawi: Dubai Holding has a wealth of National talent capable of launching unique projects that support national economy
- H.E Al Gergawi: Our profits within the next ten years to reach AED 10 billion, with 100,000 specialised talent to support a knowledge-based economy
- Dubai Holding co-driving sustainable development of economy, supporting ‘National Innovation Strategy’
Dubai Holding, the global investment holding company, today announced board changes and leadership appointments in TECOM Group (“TECOM”). These include promoting Dr Amina Al Rustamani to Chairperson of TECOM to strategically lead a new phase of development in ten business communities dedicated for information technology, design, media, education, industrial sector, transport and logistics, trade, and life sciences within Dubai Holding. The leadership changes include the appointment of Ayesha Sultan as Group Chief Executive Officer of TECOM to lead the implementation of the Group’s new strategy.
Dubai Holding also announced today the addition of a new business vertical under the name ‘Family Entertainment and New Media’, which will manage projects worth AED 10 billion during the next five years under the leadership of Mohamed Almulla. The new vertical will oversee projects that include Global Village, Arab Media Group (AMG) as well implement a strategic plan to develop new family destinations in the coming period and build new international production business communities specialised in new media, which will position Dubai as an international hub for digital production in all languages to all cultures.
Commenting on these leadership changes, H.E. Mohammad Abdulla Al Gergawi, Chairman of Dubai Holding, said: “Since its establishment, Dubai Holding has worked on creating an integrated system to build and equip UAE Nationals that are capable of leading movements of change and evolution across businesses of the Group. Dubai Holding has a wealth of local talent that are capable of launching unique projects that support national economy.”
Dr Amina Al Rustamani, Chairperson of TECOM Group
Dr Amina Al Rustamani, Chairperson of TECOM Group has served as Chief Executive Officer since 2005. During this period she has proven strong aptitude in leading and developing business communities that today include over 76,000 specialists in a range of fields which include: information technology, design, media, education, industrial sector, transport and logistics, trade and life sciences.
Dr Amina is a member of the National Media Council and Dubai Media Incorporated in recognition of her role as one of the main influencing pillars in the local media scene, given her contribution to overseeing three of the largest media projects in the country, which include Dubai Media City, Dubai Studio City and Dubai Production City.
Dr Amina has studied electrical engineering in George Washington University in the U.S., where she has completed her Masters and Ph.D. degrees in the same specialization.
Ayesha Sultan, Group Chief Executive Officer, TECOM Group
Ayesha Sultan has been appointed as Group Chief Executive Officer of TECOM Group. Ms. Sultan has served as an independent Board Member of TECOM since 2012. She joins from DP World where she worked for more than 12 years as Director of Corporate Strategy. Prior to that, Ms. Sultan worked for ‘B A Consulting Group’ in the UK and France. Ms. Sultan holds a Master’s degree from The University of Southampton, UK. ""Mohamed Almulla, Chief Executive Officer of Family Entertainment and New Media Mohamed Almulla is Chief Executive Officer of Family Entertainment and New Media. Previously, he was the Chief Executive Officer of Arab Media Group, where he was at the forefront in setting new customer-centric strategies and leading the group towards attaining market growth through innovation in the entertainment sector. Mohamed joined Arab Media Group in 2008, overseeing all aspects of the group, which comprises of three major business units; Arabian Radio Network, Done Events and Global Village. Prior to this, Mohamed held several leadership positions within TECOM between 2001 and 2008, including Executive Director of Dubai Media City, where he led the consolidation of its international status whilst playing a key role in attracting leading global media brands to the region."